Wednesday 17 August 2011

The infinite sadness of weak, peeling nails...

I've always been so envious of these girls out there who have amazing looking, strong, seemingly perfect nails - I have not been blessed with such. Therefore, I am constantly trying to find the holy grail (HG) to help my nails become what they are not. I've read countless reviews and blogs about this issue that apparently I don't suffer from alone and decided to try one program, which of course - isn't sold in stores in Canada.

Barielle (http://www.barielle.com/) sells a kit that includes:
  • Nail Strengthener Cream
  • Intensive Nail Renewal Oil
  • Nail Rebuilding Protein
  • Clearly Noticeable Nail Thickener

I've heard that the Natural Healthy Nail Kit retails for around $35 in the US (http://www.fortune3.com/barielle/Kits-Natural_Healthy_Nails.html)  and I figured I'd have to buy it online and pay a ridiculous shipping fee, but while I was browsing Winners I stumbled upon the kit for $14 - needless to say I was pretty excited about that find!

Directions:

Base Coat: Nail Rebuilding Protein - Always apply to clean, dry nails. Apply every other day to your nails creating a layered effect. Remove at the end of the week with acetone free nail polish remover.
Top Coat: Clearly Noticeable Nail Thickener - Always apply to clean, dry nails. Use over base coat every other day. Remove at the end of the week with acetone free nail polish remover.
Use Daily: Nail Strengthener Cream - Massage over nails and cuticles daily. For nails especially damaged by wraps or acrylics, use at least 2-4 times daily. Allow 4-6 weeks for noticeable improvement. Then use twice daily to maintain beautiful, healthy nails. For Best Results: Allow cream to penetrate the nails and cuticles overnight. May be used over lacquer or polish.
Use Daily: Intensive Nail Renewal Oil - Apply liberally to your nails and cuticles nightly or as necessary. For Best Results: Rub into cuticles and nails. Use at bedtime and allow oil to penetrate nails and cuticles overnight. Use in conjunction with nail cream. May be used over lacquer or polish

Anyways - I started the "program" on Monday, so I guess I'm on day three - I realized that I should have taken a photo of my nails before I chopped them all down to the wood so you could see the peeling and breaking, but I've taken a "day three" photo of both hands and will continue to update as much as often. Pardon my ugly nails - they feel so naked without polish on them - but at least I have my toes to still make pretty!


I have been diligent about following the company's instructions and have actually used the Intensive Nail Renewal Oil more than twice a day since I like it so much. And since I'm on day three, I'll be polishing the base coat and top coat again tonight. And so far, I have to say that I like the clear coats because they haven't peeled or chipped off like most "strengtheners" or protein polishes that I have tried in the past.

So wish me luck on this Barielle journey and I'll keep all of you weak nailed ladies posted! :)

1 comment:

  1. I hear you on that! My nails are so frustrating.. hadn't heard of this kit, look forward to seeing more about it!!

    ReplyDelete